5/1/13
I saw boat racing last Saturday. It was on the Thames River close to my house. I had no idea how the racing worked or what was going on, but my friend Amanda and I ate a brownie. It was tasty. If I was on a rowing team, I'd want to be the one yelling, "row...row...row...row...row...row." And just to spicy things up, I'd yell, "row...row...row...banana...row..." and insert other random words into the rowing pattern. It'd be both unexpected and sassy. (Though, there would be limits to this, I couldn't very well say, "row...row...row...row... superfragilisticexpialidocious...row..." because we'd lose the race. Not a good rhythm for speedy rowing.)
I ran eight miles on Sunday with some Athletic club people. It was tiring. But fun. We ran by the Thames River. I worked on my paper.
Monday is drawing a complete blank for me here. I think it rained a lot.... I went running for 25 minutes in the morning... Oh yes! That day I studied in a coffee shop, and had really good peppermint chai. Then I went to the library, and then after that my friend Ashley came and ate dinner with me. We had pasta. She brought French bread and I ate a disproportionate amount of it.
Tuesday it definitely rained a lot, and I went and got tea with my friend Amanda. It was fun. I tried to get a lot of work done. This failed. I was going to go do a workout, but it was raining. And I was hungry. So I ate a lot of food instead.
Wednesday was a day of desperate essay finishing. I didn't leave my room, except to do a brief run. Went to bed at one in the morning.
Thursday I was exhausted from essay writing and got up at 5:30am, but I thought my tutorial went well, and received positive feedback on my first paper. I seriously considered running, but instead ate a lot of food. Was really tired. Then we all went to Plays in the Pub, where we read a play out loud about suffragettes in the 1920s with some Oxford students. We all had roles. I was the male waiter, as I refused all larger roles. They also wanted me to speak in a British accent, but this too I refused. Came home around 11pm, and slept for 12 hours.
Friday was yesterday. And I did a lot of stuff. I got some books from the library. I tried to read them at Starbucks, got hopeless distracted, came home, read some more, ate some dinner, and then went running. And then I just chilled after nine, which was nice.
I'll describe today tomorrow.
Thanks for putting up with this random out-flowing of words.
No comments:
Post a Comment