Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Airplanes, Rain, and a Peppermint Latte


 5/14/13
     There isn't much to say about my flights, except for the fact that I survived. My first flight to Chicago got delayed by almost an hour, so I stressed out a little about missing my actual flight to London. I didn't know what gate to go to when I landed in Chicago, so I asked this very nice man, who tried to point me in the general direction, and I got confused and started towards these stairs. Next thing I know, this super angry women is yelling at me, because apparently you have to wait in line before you can go down the mysterious stairs. (They actually led to a shuttle to the gate I needed, but I was confused and sleep deprived. ) Once I made it to my flight to London (with a whole 20 minutes to spare), I discovered a man sitting in my seat. So they moved me to economy plus, which meant I got extra leg room, essentially. This did not, however, help me sleep. (We experienced unsettling turbulence). As I write, I haven't slept since Sunday night.(On the other hand, I did read the Hobbit in one sitting). Then once I landed, I amazed myself by actually finding the bus, and finding the OSAP office. (Finding my apartment took me longer, but with the help of a nice British women with a blue umbrella, I located it.) My apartment (for this week at least, its a long story, but the living situation I requested is only available starting next week) is AMAZING! Its in a great location, and has really pretty windows, and I have a room all to myself. And on the plus side, its close to a lot of little sandwich shops, cafes, and other eateries. As I wandered about Oxford this afternoon, that's what made everything a little bit more awake and a little more cozy. A coffee shop, only a block from my apartment, made me the perfect peppermind chai latte. It makes me feel happy on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment