5/20/13
I discovered that my mom is still reading my blog. You can always count on mothers. Thank you Mom :)
Well, today was a day of emotional turmoil.
8:30 am- I got up at 8:30, after meaning to get up at 7:30 to run. Oops. "No matter!" My inner dialogue proclaimed. "The day is still young, I have plenty of time to move into my new housing."
10:00am- "My load of laundry in the washer is almost done. Packing is almost done. This is going so smoothly!" I thought peacefully, as I checked my room for the final items
12:15pm- "What in the world is the matter with this dryer! How can my clothes still be wet? How!?" I make desperate eye contact with the strange European dryer. It doesn't reply.
12:22pm- I open the dryer cautiously, and feel my clothes. Still wet. I glare at the dryer. "You evil evil dryer."
12:30pm- "It's a lovely day out, I'm going to go for a walk!" I wander into a church and admire the architecture.
12:45pm- "Dryer! I knew you could do it! Thank you little dryer! See, it wasn't so bad!" I hug my clothes. But not really. But almost.
1:00pm- I look at the three flights of stairs down to the main floor of my house. I look at my suitcase. I sigh.
1:20pm- "How can literally no one know how to get to Thames Street on a bus! Seriously! I should have googled it before I left...." I look around. "Screw it. I'll just walk."
1:45pm- "I need a map."
1:47pm- "So I was going in the wrong direction for the past ten minutes. Huh."
2:10pm- "My arms! My legs! My back!"
2:15pm- "Ok, I made it. Time to nab the best room."
3:30pm- "HUGE SPIDER HUGE SPIDER HUGE SPIDER!!" Promptly burst into tears. Seriously consider moving all my stuff into a different room.
3:35pm- Vacuum up the spider.
3:45pm- Finish my intense search of the room for any additional spiders. "Where are you hiding. I will find you."
3:50pm- "I should eat lunch now."
4:00pm- Watch Vampires Diaries as a stress relief. "Why did you do that Damon? Why?"
4:40pm- Arrive at library.
7:30pm- Get bored at library, walk to old house (St. Giles) for a extra bed-sheet.
8:05pm- Walk down a creepy alley, walk very quickly away. Mental note: "Don't go down there!"
8:10pm- Arrive back at Thames St. house , meet a new housemate Austin.
9:10pm- Talk to Zach, and Mom.
11:00pm- Work on paper and blog :)
No comments:
Post a Comment