Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Track Club, A Giant Cookie, and My Essay

5/21/13
      
     Well, today was an eventful day. I got up at 8:30, rather painfully. My back hurt from dragging that suitcase, but I got eight full hours of sleep so I forced myself to get up. By the time I got to the library, it was 10am. I got some terribly slow essay writing done (and that's honestly what I should be doing right now). The essay is just a lot harder to write than I'm used to because all my resources aren't in the same places. I think I've figured out how to plan a little better for next time, but right now all this library hopping is killing me. I start writing something, but want to verify my facts...but the book I need is always in the other library. Its really a downer. I have 1200 out of a 2000 words, but I'm still quite worried. Its a very very rough draft. My essay is just a monster! A monster that's going to eat me for lunch. Speaking of lunch... For lunch today, I wandered around New College, finally buying myself a giant chocolate chip cookie, and eating my packed lunch in the garden. It was lovely. I'll have to coordinate eating lunch with my fellow OSAP members, or eventually a Brit or two, but today was fine just as it was. After lunch... I returned to the library, where I fought off drowsy with little success and extreme distractedness until 4:45. Then I started to make serious progress until I had to head to track club, about 30 minutes later. Track club was excellent. To be honest, I only realized I did a workout out on the Roger Barrister Track about 30 minutes ago, and I wish some of my more talented friends could have been in my shoes, as I lack the proper appreciation (and skills!). Anyways, we all met up and chatted a bit. I found a fellow newbie (who had never gone to a track session before) who was into ultra marathons and sad that the track workout would make her sprint. Anyhow, we did some skips, some familiar and some completely bizarre, and then did striders. Then we were on the track and started the workout. I was a bit concerned about this, as I didn't warm up at all and was wearing shorts (it was relatively cool out). So I just went moderately for the first rep (decreasing reps of 20 seconds, starting at 3:40 minutes, with two minute rests). It felt fine for being completely and hopelessly out of shape. I only did four reps of the workout though (I figured my body had enough) and then a light cool down. I was one of the slower girls, but not the slowest, and doing my reps at seven minute pace was just fine by me. So it was fun, no-pressure sort of situation. Do I have a race tomorrow that I should have gone easy for today? Yes. But whatever. I'm a free-agent. I liked it a lot, and the next session I can make is on Saturday.  Anyhow, I got back at 7:50pm, chatted and ate with my new housemates and got up stairs around 9:30, worked a little on my essay. Now I'm going to bed. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment