Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Alive and Kicking



I want to post something just so everyone knows I’m alive and kicking over here. Well, alive and reading might be a more accurate phrase. I actually don’t kick things that often. I don’t play soccer and I fume rather than lash out when angered. Thus, kicking is rarely a part of my life. But reading, on the other hand, is what I’ve mainly been doing, despite some temptations to watch Netflix (which, to my deep chagrin, I’ve totally succumbed to). Tomorrow I have an essay to conquer, and I hope I will inform you about my previous past couple days in the rain.
In other news, I’m thinking about “defriending” people on Facebook who annoy me, but I’m slightly afraid they will notice and think I am mean. I’m also been thinking about the legitimacy of conscientious objectors during wartime, wartime tales of Belgium atrocity, and about the role of social pressure on ideas of duty and patriotism. And about how I’m quite grateful there is no major war occurring right now, as I know  too many young men that I don’t wish to die, or to be put in harm’s way at all, or to get military style haircuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment